It’s my birthday in 10 days and my Google adventures have landed me on some of the most amazing cupcake websites. I know what you are all thinking, what has this got to do with fashion, right?
It has everything to do with fashion….
I decided to add an extra special red velvet cupcake recipe for you to try, compliments of http://bakelovenotwar.co.za:
Red Velvet Cupcakes (makes 12)
- 1.5 cups of cake flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 10g cocoa (about 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 113g butter (at room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- red food colouring (I use Cake Flora, but you can use any brand you like).
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (Celsius).
- Set aside a 12-cup cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- In a large-ish bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy and white (this should take about 3 minutes with an electric mixer).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each one is added.
- Add red food colouring to the milk until the milk is bright red.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk.
- Now it’s time to spoon the batter into the cupcake liners. They should be about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Voila! You have red velvet cupcakes 🙂 Want some cream cheese icing to finish it off?
Cream Cheese Icing
- 85g butter (at room temperature)
- 110g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, depending on the consistency you want
- Cream the cream cheese with a mixer for about 1 minute.
- Add the butter and beat until the two are smoothly combined.
- Add the brown sugar and mix it in.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, mixing after each cup.
- Add milk according to your preference.
- Ice your cupcakes and EAT THEM 🙂